- In this part of the world our biggest problem is the heat. Don’t leave your AC running all day. Set your thermostat to 24 degrees Celsius or higher in the summer months to save 6% to 8% on your bill and in the winter just let that cool breeze in and you’re good to go! Close your shades or curtains during the sunny hours to keep your home cool and fans are always a great idea because they cool down your environment further by about 4 degrees.
- Don’t leave your appliances on all the time, there’s a reason for that switch on the wall, get friendly with it and start using it. Most appliances are now electric which means they are running and using up energy constantly if left on.
- Switch to LED lightbulbs and as basic as this sounds, turn off the lights when you’re not using them.
- Clean and replace air filters in the house because dirty filters force the system to work much harder and longer than necessary.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes, not only do you save energy but water as well.
Happy home and happy living!