Middle East — Smarter technologies in the 2020 GMC Acadia, including a new turbo engine and the latest GMC infotainment system1, along with a fresh look, offer greater versatility for customers on the go. The lineup is now available in showrooms across the Middle East and includes SLE, SLT, an all-new AT4 trim and GMC’s flagship Denali, with available seating arrangements for five, six or seven passengers, depending on the model.
Design and technology enhancements on the new Acadia include:
- Bolder exterior design with standard LED lighting and signature GMC C-shape lighting, complemented with interior refinements.
- Introduction of the first-ever Acadia AT4 with more aggressive exterior styling and darkened finishes.
- New available turbocharged engine that uses an innovative tripower valvetrain and dual-scroll turbocharging technologies to help optimize performance and efficiency in all driving conditions.
- New nine-speed automatic transmission developed to provide a greater balance of performance and efficiency, along with enhanced refinement.
- New Electronic Precision Shift that replaces the conventional shifter with an electronic control that frees up interior room, including a more versatile center console with greater storage space.
- Enhanced GMC infotainment systemthat is more intelligent and intuitive, offering new features designed to help improve the user experience and offer more personalization.
- New Head-up Display
“With technological enhancements at your fingertips and under the hood, the 2020 Acadia is an intelligent crossover that elevates the driving and passenger experiences on all fronts,” said Aldred. “That makes it a smart choice all around.”
Design and refinement
At a glance, the ’20 Acadia distinguishes itself with a new grille, new front and rear fascias and GMC’s signature C-shaped lighting.
An all-new Acadia AT4 expands the reach of GMC’s newest sub-brand. Its bold styling cues, including a black chrome-accented grille, add a rugged, off-road-inspired design to the Acadia range. A 3.6L V-6 engine producing 310 hp and 366 Nm (271 lb-ft) of torque and a twin clutch AWD system are standard to the AT4. Unique 17-inch wheels and all-terrain tires are also standard, with 20-inch wheels available.
Additional design and refinement enhancements for the 2020 Acadia include:
- New 18- and 20-inch wheel designs depending on the trim.
- Outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals (power-folding feature standard on Denali and available on SLT trim).
- Hands-free power liftgate with GMC logo projection standard on SLE, SLT, AT4 and Denali.
- Redesigned center console with enhanced storage space.
- Unique Denali interior color scheme with new, open-pore wood decor.
Innovative engine technology
A new Turbo engine expands the Acadia’s propulsion choice for customers and adds a new dimension to its performance.
It leverages GM’s innovative tripower valvetrain technology to vary valve lift across the rpm band, optimizing performance for varied driving demands:
- High valve lift for maximum power.
- Low valve lift for a greater balance of power and efficiency.
- Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) disables two of the cylinders in light load conditions to optimize efficiency.
The tripower valvetrain complements the turbocharging system to make the most of the engine’s available power at all speeds. The turbo is a dual-scroll design developed to enhance low-speed torque delivery. Peak torque is available from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm, for an exceptional feeling of responsiveness.
The engine is rated at a GMC-estimated 230 horsepower (172 kW) and 349 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque. The 3.6L V-6 engine remains standard or optional equipment for the 2020 Acadia dependent on trim level selected as well as country of sale. All engine offerings feature a stop/start deactivation switch.
New nine-speed automatic and Electronic Precision Shift
A new nine-speed automatic replaces the previous six-speed automatic as the standard transmission for the 3.6L engines offered in the 2020 Acadia. The nine-speed’s additional clutches and gears offer better optimized acceleration and efficiency, and engine noise is reduced during cruising for greater refinement.
The 2020 Acadia is the latest GMC with Electronic Precision Shift, which enables more storage room in the center console by replacing the conventional transmission shifter with an electronically controlled gear selection consisting of intuitive push buttons and pull triggers.
New GMC infotainment system and additional technologies
As connectivity continues to grow in importance for crossover customers, the 2020 Acadia delivers the latest GMC infotainment system that is more intelligent and more intuitive. It offers users improved voice recognition, a higher resolution touchscreen and a simplified interface that requires fewer steps for some tasks, along with simpler screen layouts inspired by the latest smartphone technology.
This more user-friendly system, with an 8-inch-diagonal screen, also incorporates several new and enhanced features:
- Personal profile allows users to tailor the infotainment system to their preferences, including audio, available navigation (requires subscription to compatible Connected Services) and climate settings. Up to four profiles are saved to the vehicle and they can be assigned to the Acadia’s key fobs, automatically resetting the preferences for the incoming driver.
- All-new Navigation2interface with “one shot” destination entry feature, improved Route Guidance functionality and personalized settings.
- USB-C ports. Two new USB-C charging ports are integrated in the front and rear of the center console. That brings the number of ports in the Acadia to five, including a USB-A charging port for the third-row seating area.
Additional new and enhanced technologies on the 2020 Acadia include:
- Next-generation, 15-watt wireless charging (available).
- High Definition Rear Vision Camera4upgraded to digital (standard on SLE, SLT, AT4 or Denali).
- New Rear Camera Mirror3standard on Denali.
- Suspension refinements that enhance ride and handling.