The MortageOne Account (MOA) is a home loan facility linked to a current account offrered by Standard Chartered Bank. MOA is available in UAE dirhams and for UAE residents only.
- Interest savings and shorter tenure: The current account and home loan facility are linked together. The principal outstanding of the home loan will be offset against the balance in the current account on a daily basis for the purpose of calculating interest. This means you can pay off your home loan faster, because your payments are going more towards your principal amount and less towards the interest.
- Withdrawal facility: The interest you save as a result of the offset will be available to you for withdrawal.
- Interest rate is fixed for 1 year only and is subject to change.
- Valid national ID and valid passport with valid Resident visa (for residents).
- Property purchase and sales agreement / contract.
- Ownership certificate of the financed property.
** Calculator Definitions
Amount: The total amount of money borrowed, also referred to as the principal amount.
Rate (%): This is the annual interest flat rate on the product. This is not the APR, which is going to be calculated in this example.
Years: This is the original term or length of the product, stated in years.
Effective Monthly Payment: This is the effective monthly payment, which takes into consideration fees and other costs associated with this product. The effective monthly payment is the basis for the APR calculation.
Calculated Annual Percentage Rate (%): The calculated Annual Percentage Rate(APR) is determined using the annual interest rate on the product plus fees and other costs. The APR is useful when comparing two or more products with different interest rates and fee structures.