Welcome to Bank Dhofar.
At BankDhofar we strive to be ‘the best bank for you’ by making banking easy.
BankDhofar currently has a nationwide network of 67 branches and 145 ATMs and 52 CDMs across the length and breadth of the Sultanate.
As one of the fastest growing financial services institution in the Sultanate, we offer Corporate banking, Consumer banking, Treasury and Project Finance services – designed to meet the diverse needs of consumers, small and medium size businesses and mid-market companies in the region.
The bank, then known as Bank Dhofar al Omani al Fransi, was incorporated in January 1990 and commenced operations with two branches, one in Muscat and the other in Salalah.
- 1992 – The Bank purchased the assets and liabilities of Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) from the Central Bank of Oman, thus expanding its network.
- 1999 – A new Head office building was inaugurated in the Commercial Business District marking the bank’s 10th anniversary.
- 2000 – The bank purchased 16 Commercial Bank branches, which widened the bank’s network to 43 branches and 55 ATMs.
- 2002 – Merger of Bank Dhofar al Omani al Fransi and Majan International Bank.
- 2003 – The Bank after obtaining all regulatory and administrative approvals shortened its name to BankDhofar.
- 2013 – Launch of Maisarah Islamic Banking Services
As Oman’s second-largest bank (by market value), BankDhofar has earned the reputation of a financial institution with a strong commitment to consistency and growth. In addition to the conventional banking products and services the bank offers several electronic banking services, such as, Internet banking, Phone Banking, SMS banking, cash deposit and payment machines.
With assets worth over RO 3.2 billion, BankDhofar is one of the fastest growing Banks in the Sultanate of Oman, with a strong presence in Corporate Banking, Consumer Banking, Treasury and Project Finance. The branch network has reached 67 with an extensive ATM network spanning the country. BankDhofar has a reputation of commitment, foresight and solid growth.